download 1

The NSW Government Urges International Students Facing difficulty at this period to apply for international student COVID-19 crisis accommodation

The NSW Government is funding temporary crisis accommodation for vulnerable international students in NSW during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
This scheme will be delivered through approved student accommodation and home stay providers.
Service NSW is administering the application process and will allocate the accommodation.
Applicants will not be able to self-select their accommodation.


To be eligible you must:
  • hold an international student visa
  • have been evicted or be facing imminent eviction
  • have been laid off from your employment
  • have less than $1500 in savings
  • have no other avenues of support.
  • What you need

  • a MyServiceNSW Account
  • your personal and contact details
  • documentary evidence that you meet all the eligibility requirements as itemised below:
  • International student visa status
  • your passport
  • a copy of your Confirmation of Enrolment to study in NSW
  • visa subclass 500, or
  • visa subclass 408 (COVID-19 Pandemic event).
  • Evidence of eviction One of the following
  • notice of eviction from NCAT
  • letter/email from a real estate agent or landlord terminating your lease, or
  • other written evidence such as a text or social media message from a real estate agent, landlord, head tenant or host family, terminating your stay.
  • Loss of employment
  • letter, email, text message or social media message from an employer terminating your employment.
  • Financial hardship
  • a copy of your bank statement(s) showing that you have less than $1500 in savings.
  • Assistance needed A “letter of support” from your education provider confirming:
  • your name, student number and enrolment status
  • that you have exhausted avenues of support available from your provider
  • the contact details of a representative of the provider who can be contacted to discuss your situation.
  • Note: If your education provider has closed, advise us of the provider’s name and their contact details and website, so their closure can be verified.

    How to apply

    1. Select the ‘Apply online’ button. 2. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account. 3. Complete the online form. 4. Upload your supporting documents 5. Review and submit your application. Your application will be assessed and if we need further information we’ll contact you. If your application is approved, your accommodation will be allocated and we’ll notify you of the next steps.

    More information

  • Service NSW may request additional supporting documentation to:
    • verify authenticity
    • confirm that you are not currently living in one of the approved student accommodation providers under the scheme.
  • Applicants may be subject to audit checks by the NSW Government or its representatives.
  • For More Information Email us at:

    Follow us on:


    Leave Your Comment Here